Description On Blog

Hi, I am Zheng Koon Chua. This is one of my blog. I wish you all can enjoy reading it as it only post up nice or meaningful essay, poem, and so on. Hope you guys and girls enjoy it. Feel free to leave comments and chat on the shout box with me. Wish you all have a nice days. ^^

Monday, July 18, 2011

Team Building

My team is having team building today. It was enjoying and fun. The title of the team building is Wooden Act. It was look like a bored team building but when I get into it, the end result let me enjoyed my team building very much. Maybe we should not judge one things before we tried it. I am enjoying this time of team building. It makes me know more of my team member and know new people from my manager team. I like this team building very much. Even though I am been assigned to be the team leader, but at the end I did not perform well as the team leader. Ok, let's talk about our event flow.


The event start early in the morning. The first event is letting all the members to have their breakfast first. Immediately after the breakfast, my team member and I start to brainstorm idea for the wooden act. First of all, I suggested for making the wooden act that benefits the worker. So my team member or can call him as my buddy suggested to make something like arrange the wire properly. So we took it as a main idea and start to discuss the design. After the rough design out, then we try to solve the problem might occurred to main the design work. All my team member are great. They all come out with all sort of great solution and idea for it. After finalize the idea, then we went to measure the dimension of the place that we want to allocate our items. With some discussion and measuring, the final dimension has out. The last things to do is figure out what to buy for the design. The organizer only gives each team RM100 to design what we want to design. With the limited money that required, we planned properly for the items needed. After finalize the decision, then we moved to the next destination. One person, who is my buddy is going to buy the wood that required while other team members and me were going to get the tools that we needed.


After reaching the next destination, I can say now is considered as shopping time!!! But the shopping is difference from normal shopping that all the girls like, this time was shopping for tool and not clothes. So, do not disappointed girls :) (Just joking) The shop was full of everything tools and items that we needed for our design. However, we needed to think before we buy it as we got limited budget to spend. So after consider the cost that my buddy might use up for the wood buying, then we hunt for the items and tools needed. At the end, we found out that we over RM0.20!!!! Sad. But is just Rm0.20. So, it is a small matter. After finish buying, we head back to company to rest awhile and let another team member to go with other to buy lunch. Try guess what is our lunch, you will know in awhile.


After rest, we head towards the next destination. You guess where? It is my manager house!!!!!!!!!! Never expect will be to my manager house for my internship period. It was quite a distance from the company. It takes about 15 minutes to reach his house with no jam conditions. His house are big!!!! (For a Penang island house) His wife opened the door for us to go in. His house are pretty and clean. We put our things at the space behind his house with the root cover for later to do the wooden act.


Now is waiting for lunch to reach. There are some members still not yet reach the manager house. So, we all sit down and chatting. It was a nice chat with all of them. They are funny and quite like to make fun of people. After around ten minutes, the organizer came. But, she is not in charge of the lunch but the snack. Since most of us already hungry, we all open the snack, which should be eat at the tea time later, to eat and at the same time the chatting is still going on. After around fifteen minutes, the wood that bought is reached. The manager is using his car with a bigger space to carry all the group wood to his house. So, as a guy, we all went to carry the wood to the place where we should work later. After finish carry the items, just few minutes times the lunch finally reached. Guess what we eat for lunch? It was McDonald!!!! We all enjoyed our McD lunch set. While we enjoying our lunch, the last group of people reached. It was my buddy!!! He brought his wife and daughter to manager house. His daughter is cute!!!!


After we finished our lunch, we all start on our great design!!!!! To prevent making any mistake, we start to calculate back what dimensions of the design we planned. After conform everything is fine, we started to measure and cut the wood. It was a nice process of doing the wooden act. We all chat and work together to make the best design that we could. Everyone of us also contributed to the work. We all keep make joke while working and chatting. It was an enjoy activities. We all spent around three hours to finish the design. Everyone from other groups are wondering what are we designed as very hard to guess from our design. So, now was presentation time!!!!!! The presentations were very enjoying. We kept on make joke and ask some funny question for the design that they made. Ha ha. It is very enjoying. I like it very much.


After finished the presentation, voting was held. Everyone can vote for other group design except their own. It was a tight fright. Looking at the fright was getting greater, at the end, my team win the other team with just one more vote!!!!! It was quite danger and we almost lose. But what I can say is all of us is the winner!!!!!! It is not an easy work especially I can feel that there was an great bond between the team with team, among team member. We all worked like really a group. This is the things that I cannot feel in the university life. Maybe is just my university. I am the social type people and I like to mix with people and know new people. With the team building, I know more people. I am glad that I am doing my internship in this company. I will have a lot of sweet memory at here and new experiences. I will not regret to come so far just to do internship here. Thanks God for giving me this chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment